All our Dental Care Plans Include:
- Dental Health Examinations (1 or 2 appointments per year as advised) to provide:
- Clinical examination
- Checking for signs of oral cancer
- Small x-rays where clinically necessary
- Hygiene Appointments (as detailed below for each specific plan) to provide:
- Scale and polish
- Periodontal advice
- Preventive techniques to reduce decay and gum disease.
- Assessment of emergencies and dental pain with any temporary treatment required, carried out at the practice during normal surgery hours.
- Preventative Screening
- All subsequent remedial work within 12 months of completed restorative work.
- 20% reduction off any standard laboratory-based treatments required, i.e. crowns and bridges.
- 20% reduction off any fillings.
- 20% reduction off any additional hygiene work.
- 20% reduction off oral hygiene products purchased at the surgery.
- Worldwide Trauma Insurance to protect against the cost of large unforeseen accidental damage.
- Emergency Callout Insurance, should you need a dentist in an emergency, anywhere in the world.
- Redundancy Protection for your monthly plan payments for up to 12 months.
How much does a Dental Care Practice Plan Cost?
Dental Plan 1
£13.80 per month
Plan includes either:
Two Dental Health Examinations & 2 x 20 minute hygiene appointments per year.
One Dental Health Examination & 3 x 20 minute hygiene appointments per year.
One Dental Health Examination & 2 x 30 minute hygiene appointments per year.
Dental Plan 1 Extra
£16.45 per month
Plan includes either:
Two dental health examinations & 2 (30 minute) hygiene appointments per year
Two dental hygiene examinations & 3 (20 minute) hygiene appointments per year
One dental hygiene examination & 4 (20 minute) hygiene appointments per year
Dental Plan 2
£23.15 per month
Two dental health examinations & 4 (30 minute) hygiene appointments per year
All radiographs and emergency treatment, see brochure for further details
“We will always recommend the most suitable Plan for each individual patient depending on your current oral health needs, your previous treatment history, and long term goals”
Cover can be provided by any dentist worldwide who agrees to treat you, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. You simply pay the emergency callout charge to the dentist concerned and collect a receipted invoice. This will then be processed through the practice for reimbursement from the insurers and you will be refunded the callout fee, minus the excess, up to the policy limits. This cover is to provide immediate pain relief only; no additional treatment fees can be claimed. You should return to the practice in normal hours for any further treatment required.
Cover is provided should you be unfortunate enough to suffer a dental trauma, for example, as a result of a road traffic accident or an accident at home or at work. The insurers will settle the claim up to the policy limits and you will need to pay any relevant excess and shortfalls.
Benefit is provided should you have to stay in hospital as a result of dental trauma.
Permanent Facial Disfigurement
Benefit is provided should you be scarred on the neck or face as a result of the accident that has also caused dental trauma, where scarring is still visible after 12 months of occurrence.
A payment will be paid upon diagnosis of oral cancer.
Premiums paid for up to one year.
A leaflet giving details of the insurance cover, limits, excesses and exclusions is available at the practice.
Statement of Price
A total premium of £0.52 per month and for the initial period, as defined in the Certificate of Insurance for Dental Care Plan patients or a total premium of £9.37 per annum for Registration and Insurance Scheme patients is payable for the Worldwide Dental Trauma and Emergency Callout Insurance. Premiums include Insurance Premium Tax at the prevailing rate (excluding residents in the Isle of Man). There may be other taxes that will not be payable through us. Premiums can be changed in the circumstances specified in the policy document by providing you with 30 days’ notice.
Practice staff are permitted to provide you with information about the insurance that is included in your plan on behalf of Practice Plan Limited, the Insurance Administrator.
However, practice staff are not permitted to give advice about the insurance, e.g. to compare this insurance with other dental insurance in the market. If you have any questions about this insurance then please call Practice Plan Limited on 01691 684128.